Saturday, February 20, 2016

DIY Easter Decorations

Hi Y'all,
How are you? Did your week just zoom by? We are starting to see the first signs of yellow daffodils peaking through the grass here in North Carolina. I'm over the moon that spring is right around the corner.

It's hard to remember that last Monday we had an 'ice day'. In fact, my rascals are at school today, Saturday, as I type this for a make-up day for last Monday's ice day. My husband gave me the gift of sleeping in this morning while he wrangled those rascals out of bed and to school. Thanks babe!

Since we were iced in last Monday and I had the day off of work due to the President's Day holiday, I challenged myself to create some new DIY Easter decorations using just left over craft materials from my house. With those icy roads there was no way this momma was driving to the local craft store. My girl got into with me as well. She and I searched on Pinterest for inspiration and inspiration is what we got!!!!

Here's what we made. See what you think......

DIY Easter Decorating Project #1- Burlap Painted White Bunny Banner-
I used left over duck fabric from covering a bench project, old white paint, and a cotton ball from the bathroom.










Then later in the week I walked by the dollar bin at Target and look what I found for mere dollars though mine was cheaper (no mula!) but maybe their's is a little cuter. I just couldn't resist!




DIY Easter Decorating Project #2- Paper Bunny Tail Banner-
All I needed for this banner was white yarn, a few left over wood beads from a light fixture project, and old scrapbook paper. My girl had fun making the bunny tails.





DIY Easter Decorating Project #3- Teal and Cream Fabric Banner-
For this project I used my fancy zig zag scissors and left over dish towel, yes you read that correctly, dish towel fabric from another project. So glad I save stuff!









Thanks for joining me today friends. I hope you have a wonderful weekend and find some time to treat yourself.

Happy decorating & living,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment